Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spinach, Tomato, Bacon, & Cheddar Crustless Quiche

I love making meals that I can enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Quiche is one such meal, especially because it requires very little effort on my part--I grab some tasty filling options, beat a few eggs, throw it all in the oven, and I'm eating in under an hour! My favorite part of quiche is the freedom to add as many ingredients as I want.
This is a crustless quiche, which cuts down on calories AND prep time--and it's one of the most delicious quiches I have ever made. The smoky flavor of the bacon combines beautifully with the cheddar cheese, spinach, and meaty tomato, and the cream gives the eggs such a silky texture--every mouthful was bliss and absolutely bursting with flavor!
Ingredients:
  • 5 large eggs, beaten
  • 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup water 
  • 5 slices of bacon, fried crisp and chopped
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  •  1 Roma tomato, sliced
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, cheeses, cream, water, bacon, spinach, onion, pepper and salt. Pour into prepared pan and top with the sliced tomatoes.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.

Recipe adapted from Source 1.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a calorie count on this meal per serving? How many servings does this make? Looks and sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm so glad you stopped by--thanks for your kind comments and interest in the recipe!

      This quiche makes 8 servings. Because I made up this recipe, I didn't have an exact calorie count, so I compared it to a few others and estimate approximately 147-150 calories per serving. I hope this is helpful!! Enjoy! : )

      Delete
  2. I made this tonight for dinner and it was delicious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Erin! Thank you so much! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it. It sounds delicious for this time of year--I may have to whip one up for myself too! :)

      Delete