Cinnamon sugar swirl through the middle; crunchy cinnamon sugar oatmeal streusel on top...I can't really see a downside here!
Barbara Bakes, so make sure to read this in its entirety before beginning : )
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted (I used browned butter for these)
- 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I also used cinnamon)
Directions:Preheat oven to 400. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners, or grease it lightly.
Prepare the topping by mixing the ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.
Prepare the filling by mixing ingredients until they reach a soft, pudding-like consistency. Set it aside.
To make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the chips. Add the dry mixture to the liquid, stirring just until combined. Divide half the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Dollop 2 teaspoons cinnamon filling onto each muffin, then top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with topping, pressing it in lightly.
Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 minutes before transferring them from the pan to a rack to cool.