Thursday, May 16, 2013

Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes

I don't think I've ever found a bad time to eat pancakes. They're delicious for breakfast, tasty for lunch, and ideal for dinner with some bacon and eggs...mmm.
I know there's been a slew of blueberry recipes lately, but I've needed a reason to use my blueberries quickly so that they wouldn't go bad, hence all the bluberry-tastic things you've seen recently! Today's blueberry solution: pancakes! I shared with my sister, who gave these an A+ : )
I halved the recipe to serve two people instead of four; the four-serving original recipe is below, from Claire at Lemon Jelly Cake. Enjoy : )
Ingredients: 
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter (half a stick)
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
Directions:
Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
Add the eggs, melted butter, and 1 cup of the milk. The batter should be pourable, but still thick.
Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. If it's too thick, you may add in the remaining milk if needed.
Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle or frying pan. (I cooked my pancakes in a frying pan over low-medium heat.)
Watch for bubbles to form on the surface of the pancake and then burst. When this happens and the edges of the pancake are firm, flip it!
Cook each pancake for a few minutes on the second side, until golden brown.



1 comment:

  1. Aren't they just delicious? I'm so glad you enjoyed them. We eat pancakes for dinner sometimes too. ;) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete