I enjoy everything about food--reading about it, learning about it, looking at pictures of it, preparing it, eating it, and of course, sharing it with others. I live in Texas, just north of Dallas, and spend as much time in the kitchen as my days will allow!
I have written other blogs in the past which suffered substantially (and eventually withered away), either because I was too busy to write or because I lost interest in my own material! Good grief. However, cooking is something I always enjoy and try to do quite often, so hopefully, I get it RIGHT with this blog :)
Fast Facts From Foodie & Fabulous:
- If it wasn't already obvious, I LOVE alliteration (hence the cheesy title of this little section). I love writing, adore grammar, and am a terrific editor. I was probably an English teacher in a former life. :)
- I can't eat chicken. I desperately wish I could...but I can't. My system can't process it to digest it. The weird thing is, I ate chicken with no problems until 2005, then it all came crumbling down. I know. It's very sad. So...you will never see a chicken recipe here on Foodie & Fabulous. Sorry!
- Opening cans of biscuits and crescent rolls SCARES ME TO DEATH. I dislike sudden loud noises and become anxious every time I have to open one of those stupid tubes, so if someone else is around, I get them to do it for me!
- If I had to choose something to blog about other than food, it would absolutely be fashion. Who knows? Foodie & Fabulous may one day become a food AND fashion blog!
- I LOVE to travel. If my finances would allow it, I'd probably be in Spain right now, or Asia, or maybe Australia...Brazil? I'm not picky :) My most recent adventure took me to
Kenya, in east Africatwo islands in Hawaii! It's a beautiful, beautiful state.
- I have three younger siblings whom I love with all my heart--two brothers and a sister. They are awesome, wonderful people--and very good looking too!
- I am a third-culture kid. My parents are from Ghana, West Africa and I was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada; however, I have lived in Texas for most of my life. I suppose that makes me a "Can-Afri-Texan." That's the quickest way I know how to answer the question, "Esther, where are you from?"
- I play guitar and a little bit of piano. I want to learn how to play the bass guitar and the upright bass. I think it would make me look cool--maybe bump up my street cred a little? HA.
- I have worn glasses since I was nine years old. I am utterly lost without them, and must always wear SOME kind of corrective lenses in order to see.
- I rarely wear my hair out of braids. As with my glasses, I am utterly lost without my braids! It's a personal style preference as well as a time-saving, cost-effective, and ever-fashionable hair solution.
- I don't know how to take pictures without smiling. I feel like it makes me look silly!
- I originally capped this list at ten items, but then thought of the 11th...and now I'm writing this one so that the list will be even. If I think of anything else, I will have to go all the way to 15 so that I have a nice, round number. That's weird, right? Probably. Oh well. It is what it is.
- *Amended 5/29/2013: I thought of more things to add!
- *Amended again 6/5/2013:
- Amended yet again 6/6/2013