Saturday, July 5, 2014

Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting

Okay, guys. I'm regularly here with cupcake recipes for you, so in this one, I'm highlighting the frosting instead of the cupcake because IT IS DELICIOUS. It looked like soft serve ice cream! My sister, who used to work at Sonic, said it looked just like an ice cream cone! So tasty :)

You can use this frosting for any cupcakes--I also used it for the cake I made to go along with these cupcakes. This frosting is sweet, but not cloyingly so. Also, its thick, sturdy texture makes for great piping and gorgeous presentation!
While I was busy planting cupcakes in the bushes for this photo shoot, Sydney popped by looking more adorable and patriotic than ever, so I handed her some cupcakes and told her to smile! What a good sport :)
Next time I will definitely use fresh whipping cream and whip the cream myself, but for a first try, this turned out beautifully, and was very quick! You'll need the following:
Ingredients:
  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 8 ounce container of whipped topping, thawed (light or regular--doesn't matter!)
  • 1-2 cups powdered sugar  (adjust to taste)
  • 1/4 cup butter (half a stick), softened 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions: 
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes (or eat with a spoon--your choice)
Nutrition Facts-- Servings: 24 Size: 1/24th of frosting Calories: 96 • Fat: 7.3 g • Carbs: 7.3 g • Fiber: 0 gProtein: .7 g • Sugars: 6.0 g 

No comments:

Post a Comment