Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tilapia Tacos with Peach, Bell Pepper, and Grape Tomato Salsa

I think I've created a peach-loving monster...I made the peach cobbler and now I'm hooked! I enjoyed a girl's night with two good girlfriends over the weekend and made a mini cobbler for dessert. I had one large peach remaining, and it ripened quickly over the week, so I used it tonight!
I've been house-sitting for some friends and they'll return on Friday, so I'm trying to use up all the food I have left before I leave! These quick tacos and flavorful salsa were a perfect vehicle for my remaining ingredients.

There's something about the combination juicy peaches, crunchy mini sweet bell peppers, and plump grape tomatoes that just screams "summer!" I definitely had more than one spoonful of this stuff--it barely made it onto my tacos! I decided not to peel the peach, for some added texture and good-for-you fiber.
I pan-fried a thawed tilapia fillet in a little olive oil, and nestled it in some warm, soft corn tortillas topped with this delicious salsa! When I make this again, I'll be SURE to have something green, like cilantro, lime, or a jalapeno (or all three?) and some red onion. Because I didn't have anything green today, I snipped a stem off of a lovely green plant, and prayed it wasn't poisonous. HA!
As usual, I cooked for one tonight, so adjust accordingly.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large ripe peach, pitted and diced (peeling optional)
  • 3 mini sweet bell peppers, seeded and diced
  • 6 grape tomatoes, chopped
  • A splash of lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 corn tortillas
  • 1 tilapia fillet, thawed
Directions:

Chop salsa ingredients and combine in a small bowl; add a splash of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.

Saute thawed tilapia in a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat until opaque and firm. Season to taste. Heat tortillas and serve with fish; top with salsa.
Nutrition Facts-- Servings: 2 Size: 1 taco with salsa Calories: 233 • Fat: 4.3 g • Carbs: 40.1 g • Fiber: 8.7g  Protein: 17.4 g • Sugars: 20.9 g 

No comments:

Post a Comment