The Garden Grazer.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I used a green pepper)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (I used 3 small sweet potatoes)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, thoroughly rinsed (or pinto, black, etc.)
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep the veggies: Dice onion and bell pepper, peel and dice sweet potato, and mince garlic. In a soup or stock pot over medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper until soft and fragrant; 5-7 minutes. Add sweet potato, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika, and saute for 3 minutes, then add garlic and saute 1 minute (don't let the garlic burn!).
Add vegetable broth and diced tomatoes with juice. Rinse and drain the beans, and add them to the mix. Add a little more broth if desired. Increase heat and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning if needed and salt to taste; serve hot and garnish with avocado, green onions, or sour cream. Serve alone or with a thick slice of crusty bread. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts- Servings: 6 • Size: 1 cup chili • Calories: 560 • Fat: 3 g • Carbs: 101.8 g • Fiber• 24.9 g • Protein: 35.4 g • Sugars: 8.9 g