Foodgawker today--it's one of my very favorite food blogger sites, and the inspiration for many of the recipes you see here on Foodie & Fabulous! Everything on there looks delicious, but there are some days when it seems that EVERY recipe speaks to me!
- 1 pint ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered (about 4 cups strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (I didn't measure)
- 4 slices thick bread (I used French bread; you may use sourdough, Multigrain bread, or another thick, crusty bread)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (approximate--I didn't measure)
Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, toss strawberries with sugar so that they are fully coated. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until berries are juicy. Remove and set aside.
Nutrition Facts-- Servings: 2 • Size: 1 sandwich • Calories: 326 • Fat: 17.9 g • Cholesterol: 15 mg • Carbs: 30.9 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Protein: 13.2 g • Sugars: 6.6 g