Life's Ambrosia for the recipe! I made half of the original recipe because I'm only cooking for one, but I'm posting the original for you. Ready? GO.
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can refried black beans (I only had whole black beans, so I made my own).
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (I used a combination of Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack cheeses)
- 12 - 15 taco sized corn tortillas
- Guacamole and sour cream to serve
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. (I baked mine at 400 because my oven gets pretty hot!)
In a frying pan, cook chorizo and onions together until chorizo is browned and cooked through. Add in refried beans. Mix well. Mix in pepper jack cheese and cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
Microwave four tortillas at a time between damp paper towels until they are soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Place a heaping tablespoon of the chorizo filling in the center of each corn tortilla and roll up. Place the tortillas, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Bake taquitos in preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until tortillas are crisp. Remove from oven and serve with guacamole for dipping.
Enjoy!Nutrition Facts- Servings: 4 • Size: 3 taquitos • Calories: 476 • Fat: 15.9 g • Cholesterol: 109 mg • Carbs: 38.3 g • Fiber: 5.9 g • Protein: 39.3 g • Sugars: .6 g