- 1 box yellow cake mix (and ingredients to prepare it)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 8 ounces (1 block) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- Powdered sugar (I don't measure mine when I use it, but probably 1-2 cups)
- 2-4 ounces white baking chocolate or chocolate chips, melted
- A pinch of salt
- Sparkling sugar, to decorate
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two muffin tins with cupcake liners; spray lightly with cooking pray and set aside. Prepare cake mix according to directions, and add vanilla, pudding, lemon juice and zest, and chocolate chips until just combined. Do not overmix!
Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake for exactly five minutes, then immediately reduce the heat to 350 for the duration of cooking time. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.