Friday, September 19, 2014

Banana Muffins with Oatmeal Crumb Topping

Hello, friends. I'll keep this post short and sweet :) How are you? I hope all is well with you, wherever you are.
Things in my world are going wonderfully well at present! Work keeps me busy, but it's fun and enjoyable, and my roommate moved out recently, so I have the house to myself and am thoroughly enjoying this new season of living alone :) I've been doing a few fun projects to personalize my space a bit more; one of which is this mirror that I made last week! :)
I haven't been home to cook very much lately, so baking these muffins last Sunday was a welcome addition to the weekend. I had three bananas that were on the verge of death, so I rescued them and turned them into muffins! :) I know, I know--it was a very kind and charitable act on my part.
This is a simple muffin recipe, using ingredients that you're certain to have on hand. They would have been quite tasty with the addition of some chocolate chips or buttery toffee, and the oatmeal crumb topping really made these muffins wonderful. Recipe from Travel Cook Tell.
Ingredients:
Muffins:
  • 1 egg
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
  • 6 tablespoons milk (I used almond milk)
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar (add sugar to taste; I used a bit less because my almond milk was already sweetened)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Oatmeal Crumb Topping:
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • ⅓ cup rolled oats
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.

Combine egg, melted butter, milk and mashed bananas. In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine both mixtures and mix until they are incorporated; do not overmix.  Divide batter among muffin cups.

Mix Oatmeal Crumb Topping ingredients until crumbly, and top muffins with it (about a teaspoon each). Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; transfer muffins to a rack to cool a little bit more.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Esther,
    We would like to share your blog's recipes on EveryRecipe Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).

    Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

    You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

    Hope to see you soon on EveryRecipe,
    EveryRecipe Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for the consideration! I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'll look into it this evening and get involved. Thank you for taking the time to stop by!

      Delete