House of Yumm. Pancakes for everybody!
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups Bisquick (feel free to substitute 1/2 cup of pancake mix for whole wheat/grain flour)
- 1/2 cup oats, ground into oat flour (just pulse your oats in the blender or food processor)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (almond, skim, low-fat--whatever you like)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon almond extract (I eyeballed this one--don't have an exact measurement)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (Again, that's approximate--I just gave the bottle a few good shakes)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 4 ounces Neufchatel (or cream) cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (the original recipe calls for a whole cup, but that's too sweet for me)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
Add the Bisquick, oat flour, vanilla, cinnamon, almond extract, eggs, milk, brown sugar into a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Add the strawberries and fold into the batter.
Cook pancakes on a skillet over medium-low heat until golden. Note: the addition of the oat flour will make the pancake batter a bit thick, so be sure to cook your pancakes all the way through!
For the glaze:
Place all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Add milk or powdered sugar as needed to get desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts-- Servings: 10-12 • Size: 1 Pancake with glaze • Calories: 207 • Fat: 7.7 g • Carbs: 28.7 g • Fiber: 2.1 g • Protein: 4.6 g • Sugars: 13 g