Damn Delicious, yields 3-4 servings.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed (you can substitute honey)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (you can use lean beef or substitute ground turkey)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Cooked rice, for serving (brown rice is fine)
In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Stir in soy sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately with rice; garnish with green onions, cilantro, and sesame seeds.